Meet Victor G. Cimino, MD, DDS, FACS
Plastic Surgeon in Park Ridge IL
Trusted by patients, and respected by his peers, Dr. Victor Cimino is one of the most highly trained board-certified plastic, reconstructive, and cosmetic surgeons in the Midwest.
In his over 25 years as a surgeon, clinical leader, and physician educator, Dr. Cimino has developed an approach to cosmetic surgery that is rooted in providing the safest care while achieving excellent results.
A caring physician with the highest standards, during his long tenure as Chief of Plastic Surgery at Loyola University Medical Center, Dr. Cimino trained hundreds of medical students, surgical interns, residents, and fellows in the art and science of reconstructive and cosmetic surgery. In his many years of training future surgeons, Dr. Cimino emphasized not only the importance of delivering safe and exceptional care but also the value of direct and honest communication in establishing trust with patients.
Dr. Cimino’s skill and expertise is a result of his own rigorous training and the many years he has spent training the next generation of surgeons. It is this accumulated knowledge and expertise that makes him a distinguished practitioner who inspires trust and confidence in patients considering surgery.
Dr. Cimino is an expert in providing meticulous and compassionate treatment customized to the specific needs and goals of each patient. For more information, or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cimino, please contact our practice at (847) 268-3910.
Unique Education and Specialized Training
Trained in two distinct surgical specialties (Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery), Dr. Cimino’s medical training, medical residencies, and fellowships include:
- The University of Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences/State University of New York (SUNY): Doctor of Medicine
- The University of Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences/State University of New York (SUNY): General Surgery and Oral & Maxillofacial Surgical Residency
- Loyola University Medical Center (LUMC), Maywood, Illinois: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgical Residency
- Cook County Hospital, Chicago, Illinois: Attending in Charge of Clinical Affairs, Reconstructive Burn Surgery
An Accomplished Surgeon and Medical Educator
Dr. Cimino has dedicated his career to the teaching and practice of plastic, cosmetic, and reconstructive surgery with a singular focus on delivering safe and ethical care while achieving the highest standard in surgical results.
During his years at LUMC, Dr. Cimino served as the Chief of Plastic Surgery and built numerous teaching programs dedicated to plastic, reconstructive, and cosmetic surgery. None of these was more impressive than the Integrated Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency Program through which Dr. Cimino trained surgical interns, residents, and fellows in the art and science of reconstructive and cosmetic surgery. Other national programs have been fashioned after this elite training program which continues today at LUMC.
Dr. Cimino continues to collaborate with Loyola’s Plastic Surgery Training Program to provide his expertise in training physicians to perform cosmetic surgery to the highest standards of patient safety and excellence.
Professional Certifications and Membership in Professional Societies
Dr. Cimino is a member of – and certified by – the following professional organizations:
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Association of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Council of Academic Plastic Surgeons
- Lecturer: As a distinguished AO Professor, Dr. Cimino is in an elite group of cranial maxillofacial facial surgeons delivering cosmetic, trauma, and reconstructive surgical education.
A Published Author: Medical Education & Research:
- Author of several peer-reviewed articles and chapters
Recognized as a “Top Doctor”
- US News and World Report: Top Doctor Plastic Surgery
- Chicago Magazine: Top Surgeon 2012, 2017, 2019, 2020
- West Suburban Living: Top Doctors in the Western Suburbs 2014, 2017
- Castle Connolly: Top Doctors, Plastic Surgery 2013 to present