Body Contouring due to Massive Weight Loss
Dramatic weight loss has many benefits. But, after any substantial weight loss (due to weight loss surgery and/or lifestyle changes), skin and tissues often lack sufficient elasticity to conform to the reduced body size. Surgical body contouring removes excess sagging skin and fat while improving the shape of the underlying support tissue. The result is a better-proportioned appearance with smoother contours.
Contact our office today to schedule an appointment!
Body contouring procedures may include:
- Arm lift: to correct sagging of the upper arms
- Breast lift: to correct sagging, flattened breasts
- Facelift: to correct sagging of the mid-face, jowls, and neck
- Circumferential lower body lifts: to correct sagging of the abdomen, buttocks, inner and outer thighs
- Medial thigh lift: to correct sagging of the inner thigh
- Tummy tuck: to correct excess skin hanging over the abdomen
In general, good body contouring candidates are:
- Adults whose weight loss has stabilized
- Healthy individuals without medical conditions that impair healing or increase surgical risk
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals
- Individuals who are committed to leading a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and fitness